Sunday, October 23, 2016

THE HEARTBURNS


I'm very saddened to learn of the Heartburns' imminent break up. To me, they have been one of the premier bands playing true punk rock over the last 10+ years. Total balls-out, supercharged, nihilistic, Ramones-on-steroids (among other substances), full throttle punk. Catchy-as-fuck tunes played with urgency and always produced aggressively. They were pretty much a perfect punk band and my only regret is that now I will never get to see them live. Good on ya, boys. Your legacy is secure.
-John Evicci (Oblivionation, Out Cold)


For me the catchiness of their songs always surpassed the agression and sheer nihilism. I remember Hot Lixx Hulahan asking me in a tiny Finnish bar if they were a cover band, that's how fucking catchy their songs are. A big fucking sing-a-long party of well toxicated punks. But I also remember the times when I had Fucked Up In A Bad way on a repeat and songs like I Wanna O.D. and I Hate Everything started to punch a hole through my brain like a hot nail, a party that I'd rather no see.


Any last comments?

Teemu: No. Except that some stupid idiot from Stupido put us play AFTER The Mob, so the bands “career” seemed to end as fucked up as it started out.

No comments:

Post a Comment